Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 2- Reflections: Quest for Knowledge; Realization of the Right Path for Writing Behavioral Objectives & Starting for the Project Work

Hi Everybody,
This week is about over. I am amazed how I spent this week! As I did last week, I want to share some experience with you this week too. Sure, I have come up with some very interesting experiences I got form the tasks and activities given to me to do by our respected teacher, Donna. This week has taught me a lot. It has given me a lot of insights in the field of language teaching and use of technology for that. I have perceived this week as the week when I was in quest for knowledge; the week when I became familiar with the new method of writing behavioral objectives; and the week I started to work with the project that we have to carry out in this course.
As mentioned above, this week remained very important for me. I was given the access of a number of search engines and portals. Before this, I was familiar only with a few search engines. I used to search the reading materials and the references I needed in Google and Yahoo before. But now I am familiar with a number of sites. I found iseek Education, Infotopia, Wikipeadia,Wordcentral, YouTube and other different search engines equally useful. I found a number of sites and URLs from my friends for journals, videos and other references. I spent this week moving mouse from one search site another site, one search to another search engine and so on. I did so to be familiar with them and to make quest for the useful references and materials for English language teaching.
I have already stated that I got the opportunity to be familiar with very useful method of writing behavioral objectives. It is ABCD method. I tried this method for writing some objectives and found it very easy and scientific. As the acronym ABCD suggests, I knew that we should address audience (A), behavior (B), conditions (C) and degree (D) while forming or writing objectives. Audience is our learners who we teach to and who we expect to to do something after the instruction. Behavior is the expected performance or the action or the specific task that we expect from our learners after the instruction. Condition is the circumstance or context under which we expect our learners do something. And finally degree is the extent of excellence or level of mastery that the learners show while carrying out the expected task. Using this method we participants wrote objectives, shared experiences and discussed about our strengths and weaknesses in writing objectives. For this I consulted with a number for reading materials using the search engines. I felt it is really the right path of writing behavior objectives.
The third task that I did this week is the starting of the project work that we have to carry out in this course. As I was given the guidelines, I made a description of the learners whom I will carry out my project, the classroom setting, technology available, goal of the course, needs of the learners and the relevance of the project work on that group. We participants shared our situation and plan for the project work. It became very fruitful for us to know each other deeply. It was really a very important task for us and we are in its initial stage.

Finally I would like to wrap up this week saying that I WOULD EXPECT THIS WEEK AGAIN IF IT COULD COME.

Thank you all.
Kamal

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kamal

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog and I totally agree with every word you have written especially the limited search engines we always sticked to. Now, thanks to this great course and great mentor Donna, we are improving day by day.

    However, I don't agree with the last sentence you have written. I am almost sure next week and the following and the others will all be very very useful for us.

    I really wonder what is coming next and look forward to it.

    Best, Nehir

    ReplyDelete