Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week: 4 - … pictorial presentation of my reflections on the Journey I made during this week ...

Dear Donna and e-friends,

As the earlier weeks, our teacher Donna provided us many articles related to the use of technology in teaching reading and writing skills. Among them, I went through ‘Using the Internet in ESL Writing Instruction’ by Jarek Krajka; ‘Three Extensive Reading Activities for ESL /EFL Students Using E-books’ by Mei Ya Liang; and ‘Using Technology to Assist in Vocabulary Acquisition & Reading Comprehension’ by Andreea I. Constantinescu. I found them more informative.



I tried to find out more about how computer and other modern technology have been incorporated in teaching reading and writing skills.



I am quite impressed with Krajika in that she has tried to explore more about the issues of using internet in teaching writing with reference to different genres. She has also provided the reference websites for most of the genres.



Going through such articles was really a fun for me. And I made it and took part in nicenet discussion with my teacher and e-friends.


Second task for this week was to work for the project work. So I too presented some issues, challenges and possible solutions of using technology in the language classroom I teach. It is really important for me in that it provides some guidelines for the project work I am going to carry out in this course.



Preparing a lesson plan was another important task I had to do this week. I prepared it for teaching 'Organs of Speech' for the students of Bachelors' Degree (First Part), Tribhuvan University, Nepal. I tried my best to incorporate computer technology in that class.




As other e-participants, I would like to make a commitment to use the learnt knowledge in my class.





Now this week is over. I enjoyed a lot. I am eagerly waiting for the tasks I have to do next week.









Thank you all.
Kamal

2 comments:

  1. Wow,I like the way you express your reflection with pictures!!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susi,
    Thank you a lot.
    Kamal

    ReplyDelete